- Get a chance to perform on the main stage at beautiful Wentz Concert Hall at North Central College or the Madden Theatre (a more intimate setting) in Wentz Hall!
- Every first high school ensemble will receive a private clinic with one of three world-class jazz musician/educators: Dan Fornero, Eric Marienthal, or Vincent Gardner. Each second ensemble or Jr. high/middle school will receive a private clinic from world class clinicians: Bob Kase, Josh Kaminsky, or Chris Werve. In addition you will receive comments and suggestions from all three. These you will receive right after your performance.
- We will provide drums, bass and guitar amps, and vibes. The performance space will have music stands and chairs.
- Bands are strongly encouraged, but not required, to stay for the evening concert featuring The Pete Ellman Big Band with Eric Marienthal, Vincent Gardner, and Dan Fornero! Please encourage your students to clear their schedules for the entire day.
- Student jazz combos will have the opportunity to perform at local restaurants. Groups can be as small as a trio and no larger than a quintet. Please let us know no later than March 15, 2017 if you have a combo that would like to perform so that we can set it up with the restaurants. Each participating school will be invited to have one combo perform at a local restaurant at lunchtime.